Friday, November 18, 2011

Petunia Climate?

I live in Trinidad that in the Caribbean near Venezuela its really hot here and i really love petunias. The area I want to put them gets about 5-6 hours of sun I am hoping I can get a answer I would put your solutions to the test

Petunia Climate?
Petunias are SO pretty! I live in Texas, where it gets really hot in the summer (100+). I grow petunias during the spring and early summer, but they fizzle out in the heat. Maybe if you plant them in a location with less sun they would do better. I suggest you try growing petunias in a pot (or several pots) to see how they hold up to your climate before planting a large area. Good luck!
Reply:They should do really well in your climate. Be careful of the new hybrids, which don't like torrential rain. Plant them in full sun, and water well until established. When they become a bit straggly you can cut them back.


No comments:

Post a Comment