Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What am I doing wrong with my super petunia?

I have a super petunia in a hanging basket in a location where it gets afternoon sun. I water it twice a day, once in the morning and again when I get home from work. My boyfriend baught it for me and doesn't know anything about it other then it needs lots of water. It's not flowering much and many parts of it are brown and dried up or yellow even though it rarely gets dry between watering.





what I am doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong with my super petunia?
The recent heat has played havoc with petunias. When it is really hot, move to a shady location. Cut them back to about 4-5" which will probably eliminate your brown leaves and you will get beautiful new growth and flowers in a couple of weeks. Buy some "Bloom Booster" for them too.
Reply:You are over watering. Water it in the morning before the sun is on it or at night after sundown. Pinch the brown off and let it dry a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment