Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I plant petunias?

For all of my plants that I pot and place on the deck (ie, not in a garden) I use a good loamy (aerated) potting soil, amend with a little miracle gro slow release fertilizer, or even better, Osmocote. I then take my little 4" potted plant, dig it into my larger pot, and water in.


Pinch out the growing tips when they reach a height of 3-4 inches to encourage bushy growth. Water regularly to establish, and thereafter wait until the soil dries out to water. Overwatering will cause foliage to yellow and the plants will eventually die. Overfertilizing will result in an abundance of foliage with few flowers. Limit supplemental feedings to one or two during the growing season. After the first flowering flush, cut the plants back to encourage a second blooming.





Petunias and Marigold love hot sun.


Here's a great site that tells all about planting and caring for your petunias: http://www.bubblesnow.net/howtopetunia.h...

How do I plant petunias?
Contact your County Agricultural Agent. They have lots of info on all kinds of plants.
Reply:you need a flower pot filled with ground, there you put the young plants. put the pot somewhere on a warm and DRY place (they like to be watered but they don´t like rain from above!!!) for example under the roof


No comments:

Post a Comment