Friday, May 21, 2010

I have just started planting flowers in the last few years and I live in Wisconsin and I have a question....?

At what temperature should I bring my petunias in? I have several hanging baskets and it still gets chilly here at night and was thinking when it falls below a certain temp, I should bring them in, but not sure what that temp is. Please help me save my flowers! :)

I have just started planting flowers in the last few years and I live in Wisconsin and I have a question....?
I've lived here all my life and it's better to be safe than sorry. We live about a mile from Lake Michigan, and the lake tends to keep us a little warmer, but I still cover or bring in plants if they are forecasting 35 or below. If you are well inland, or in a low lying area (cold air descends), you are more susceptible to random frosts.





Some plants are more fragile also. Marigolds are probably the strongest and Petunias are mid-range, but Impatiens will turn to mush at the slightest frost.
Reply:If there is a chance of frost then you should bring them in. Usually around 34 or so. It should be warm enough now where you shouldn't have to worry about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment