Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My petunia's leaves are turning dark brown...?

I purchased a hanging basket of mixed flowers about 2 weeks ago from a discount store. There are petunias and daisies as well as other contrasting plants. I transplanted this plant to a planter that hangs on my house. A week later the leaves started to turn black/dark brown. They are NOT dry and there are NO bugs. The ground is moist but not dripping. The color change/diseased area has now spread to the other end of the planter. It causes the plant to eventually dry up and die. I have moved this planter away from the rest of plants in the yard as I am afraid this might be a virus/fungus.

My petunia's leaves are turning dark brown...?
Petunias' foliage will turn brown when they are at a certain stage in their growth cycle. If you prune them back they will come back with a second flush of healthy growth and blooms.


WIthout seeing your plants it is difficult for me to say if that is the problem.
Reply:Transplanting probably put them in shock. I doubt if you can save them.

dress shoes

1 comment:

  1. I have seen this same symptom over and over again and if you don't get rid of the plant it will spread to others especially tomatoes. I call it rust but am not sure.

    ReplyDelete