Friday, November 13, 2009

How do I keep my petunias alive?

I have outdoor petunias... hanging plants. I have never had these before and they are dying! HELP!

How do I keep my petunias alive?
1.) Petunias love sunshine! If you have them in the shade, better move them.


2.)The older forms (which I suspect you have) bloom briefly and the blossoms wither and drop. To keep this type of petunia blooming, you must pinch off all the spent blossom caps. Sort of a few minutes every day job. If you are too busy for this kind of plant maintenance. buy some of the new hybrid Wave petunias. These are really good performers and don' t need to be pinched back.





3.)Also, I'm a big believer in slow release fertilizer granules. Feeds gradually but regularly with every watering.


No comments:

Post a Comment