Monday, November 16, 2009

How fast do "Wave Petunias" spread?

I have seen Wave Petunias in the stores, and am wondering.. How fast do they spread? And, how much do they spread?

How fast do "Wave Petunias" spread?
It depends on how and where you plant them. I planted some in hanging baskets 4 plants to a basket and they filled the baskets in just a few weeks. Better yet, they even came back this year. The ones I planted in the ground spread pretty fast, too, but it seemed to take more of them than I anticipated to fill the bedding space. They, too, came back again this year and I just bought a few more to fill in the open spaces. I'm in zone 9 and they do require more watering than other plants, but I only fertilized them once when I planted them. I found a good estimate is to anticipate that they increase 3 fold from the size you plant.
Reply:they were the first plant that i had ever planted that did really good. They grow pretty fast and pretty easily too. i put 3 small plants in each medium sized hanging basket and they filled in nicely by mid summer. good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment