Sunday, May 16, 2010

Which ornamental plants are resistant to Japanese Beetles?

I'm about to start buying some plants but I wanted to know which are the most resistant to Japanese Beetles. I live in north central Virginia and we get them around mid-May. I didn't know about this pest until I moved from the Caribbean and found out the hard way (they devoured my petunias and the cherry blossom). I'm tired of having too many evergreeens (which I found out they're not attracted to) and it's time to add some color to my garden. Which plants do you recommend?

Which ornamental plants are resistant to Japanese Beetles?
The adults do not like to feed on ageratum, baby's breath, garden balsam, begonia, bleeding heart, buttercups, caladium, carnations, Chinese lantern plant, cockscomb, columbine, coralbells, coralberry, coreopsis, cornflower, daisies, dogwood (flowering), dusty-miller, euonymus, false cypresses, firs, forget-me-not, forsythia, foxglove, hemlock, hollies, hydrangeas, junipers, kale (ornamental), lilacs, lilies, magnolias, maple (red or silver only), mulberry, nasturtium, oaks (red and white only), pines, poppies, snapdragon, snowberry, speedwell, sweet pea, sweet-William, tuliptree, violets and pansy, or yews (taxus).

Teeth Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment